One of the quickest (and most fun) ways to give your home a makeover is with color…and no, I am not talking about painting.
There are so many small, simple ways you can add more color to any room without painting.
Next week I want to personally show you step by step how to give your home a color makeover…more on that in a moment. But first, some color ideas to get you started…
Here are 30 of my favorite ways to create a more colorful home. Simply swap out any of these items for a more colorful option.
- Throw pillows (solid or patterned)
- Throw blankets
- Pillar candles
- Votive holders or candlesticks
- Fresh flowers or house plants with colorful foliage
- Flower or plant pots
- Picture frames (colorful frame or neutral frame with colorful pictures, paper, fabric inside)
- Mirrors with decorative frames
- Lamps (base or shade)
- Books (make a color-coordinated stack or cover old books with colorful paper or fabric)
- Decorative boxes
- Curtain panels
- Accent furniture (accent table, stool, ottoman, bench, chair)
- Figurines or sculptures
- Decorative bowls
- Baskets (painted, dipped, or lined with fabric)
- Table runner, place mats, cloth napkins
- Tea towels,
- Hand towels and bath towels
- Knobs or drawer pulls
- Soap dispenser
- Monogram letters
- Paper garlands
Now, if you’re still wondering…
- How many different colors should I use?
- What colors look good together?
- Where and how much color do I use in each room?
- How do I connect rooms with different color schemes?
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered…
Check out my Create a Cohesive Home with Color class and learn how to confidently choose colors for your whole home.