I know everyone reading this isn’t an entrepreneur, but more and more I’m surprised by the number of people that are. It seems like every other day I’m talking to someone who says, “I’m thinking of starting something…” (Infamous last words before starting a biz.) And as an entrepreneur myself, I’ve begun to surround myself with entrepreneurial peers and mentors.
Even if you’re not an entrepreneur, keep reading because I bet you know an entrepreneur that would love to receive this gift from you…(and it’s already done-for-you)…
Regardless of what stage of business you’re in, even if you’re just thinking of starting a business, we entrepreneurs all have one thing in common: we’re determined to figure it out. And I believe we will. But along the way we’re going to need a lot of pep talks, encouragement, and mindset shifts as we learn to share our gifts and help the people we’re meant to serve.
My favorite on-demand resource for business and life advice is podcasts. But with their rising popularity and the many established podcasts with episode numbers in the three and four digits, it’s hard to figure out where to start listenting. I’ve been binge-listening and seeking out the best of the best episodes for the last two years.
Today I have a gift for you, my entrepreneurial and creative friends,…
I was inspired to create this for all the wonderful entrepreneurial friends I have in my personal life. I have several business besties that I wanted to do something special for, so I made them a mix tape. Remember those?
This idea was inspired by the mix tape gift idea in my friend Lauren’s book Thinking Outside the Gift Box. Because I’m not a big music buff, I decided to take her idea further outside the box and make a “Best of Podcasts Mix Tape” for creative entrepreneurs.
To choose the episodes that made the list, I went back through all my favorite podcasts and all the episodes I’ve saved. I chose eleven that I’ve personally listened to more than once. They’re so good that I’ve listened to some of them three times.
This list is full of epic episodes every entrepreneur should hear. It’s also a great introduction to a variety of podcast shows you might want to start listening to on a regular basis.
The Ultimate Podcast Playlist for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Interview with Austin Kleon - Author of Steal Like and Artist (Smart People Podcast - Episode 56)
- Elizabeth Gilbert: The Creative Life (Good Life Project with Jonathan Fields)
- Using the Fringe Hours (Elise Gets Crafty - Episode 56)
- Personal Branding (Being Boss - Episode 10)
- Make Your Work More Compelling with Tara Gentile (The Unmistakable Creative)
- The Disciplined Pursuit of Less with Greg McKeown (This Is Your Life - Season 3, Episode 12)
- Turn Your Day Around and How to Say No with Alexandra Franzen (The Lively Show - Episode 70)
- The Dip (Seth Godin's Startup School - Episode 12)
- Creating an Honest Business from the Ground Up with Dale Partridge (Online Marketing Made Easy - Episode 86)
- The Happy Hour Effect with Kristen Brown (The Introvert Entrepreneur - Episode 74)
- The Art of Rejection with Jia Jiang (Smart Passive Income - Episode 157)
Now here's hoping you get a new iPhone or earbuds for Christmas to go along with this epic playlist. Merry Christmas!