I just added a bunch of new mood boards to the gallery. While I was uploading them, I noticed some trends or repeat recommendations. All my mood boards are custom and unique, but sometimes I find furniture or decor that is so great, I can’t help but recommend it more than once. Some of these items I have even used in my home, and I wish I had all of them.
The following is a list of those great versatile pieces that have made it on to more than one mood board, or won their way into my
heart home. It is fun to see how they work in different rooms and with different styles. This certainly isn’t an exhaustive list, but these are some of my favorites to recommend to clients, and now to you.
1. Preston End Table from World Market – Love this guy with his adorable labeled drawers. This table is now available in three finishes, making it even more likely to appear on future mood boards. If you need an end table, with a little bit of storage this is your guy. The open shelf on the bottom can be used for display or add a large basket for more storage. Seen in blue in the Cottage Modern living Room and the Playful Nature Family Room. Seen in black in the Modern Comfortable Family Room.
2. Tabletop Easel in Iron from Pure Home and Pink Easel from Home Decorators – Whether holding art in a living room or dining room, or as an artist’s easel in a child’s room, this is a great piece. It can take simple art and make it more interesting. The tabletop style makes it more versatile to use on a console table, buffet, or desk. Seen in iron as a photo easel in the Opposites Attract Dining room. Also seen in pink in the Cottage Modern Living Room (above) and Magical Artist’s Loft Girls Room.
3. Pintuck Pillow from Urban Outfitters – This velvet pillow is available in 12 colors. I love it as the finishing accent pillow for a bed. It is also an interesting option for a throw pillow on a sofa. The velvet with interesting pintuck detail is a great solid pillow to mix with patterned pillows. Seen as a bed accent in the Parisian Chic Girls Room and Navy & Coral Master Bedroom. Also, seen as a sofa accent pillow in the Glamorous Cabin Retreat.
4. Modern Wall Shelf from Urban Outfitters – Shelf and brackets in one, and they come in four colors. The colorful steel is a fun option for adding shelves to a kids room or to fill empty wall space above a TV. Seen as open shelving for above the TV in blue in the Opposites Attract Living Room and in red in the Little Man Cave Play Room.
5. Hadley Book Boxes from Bellacor – Stylish and functional. These faux book boxes are a favorite styling recommendation of mine to fill an open shelf. Seen above in the Opposites Attract Living Room. Also seen in the Stylish Small Space Living Room and the Grand Welcoming Foyer (below). I included them in my Basement Family Room Mood Board.
I ended up finding mine for half the online price at HomeGoods. They made their way into my studio sitting on the bottom of my plant shelf.
6. Honeycomb Chest from Grandin Road – At 30″ high this chest is taller than most nightstands and end tables, but for the right space the storage is unbeatable. Love the honeycomb pattern on the front. This chest is available in four colors. Seen above as end tables in my basement family room (our sectional arms are exactly 30″ tall, so this chest is the perfect height). Also seen below as a nightstand in the Graphic Punch Bedroom and Calming Classic Master Bedroom.
7. Recycled Glass Bubble Vases from VivaTerra – What’s not to love about colored glass in two of my favorite colors? Big, interesting glass vessels make for easy, impactful decor. Seen in the Fresh Start Family Room and Stylish Small Space Living Room (above).
8. Stockholm Console Table from Ikea – This guy is available in black and golden brown. I think the brown looks like a mid-century modern table. I love a simple console table behind a sofa that is floating in the middle of a room. Looking at this guy is way better than looking at the back of the sofa. Seen in the Fresh Start family room (above) and the Cheerful Neutral Living Room.
9. Amelia Tufted Ottoman from Target – Mmmm…charcoal fabric, button-tufting, and storage! Great as an extra seat with hidden storage in a foyer or as a foot stool in a living room. Seen in the Opposites Attract Living Room (above) and in the Grand Welcoming Foyer.
10. Bubble Ceramic Stool from West Elm – I love all ceramic stools, but this bubbly guy has always been a favorite. He is now available in Emerald and Indigo, too. Seen in the Swanky Coastal Master Bathroom and the Land & Sea Family Room.
11. Alba Credenza from CB2 – It takes the right space to handle this modern faceted design, because it’s a show stopper. Seen as a media stand in the Surf Style Play Room and as a toy storage buffet in the Urban Loft Living Room.
12. Hive Vases from West Elm – Seriously, these are a design classic. They are like a staple decor item from West Elm. They come in a bunch of colors and sizes and seem to work with any design style. I am honestly not sure why I don’t have these in my house. Jen has one in her living room, and I loved it. Seen in the Flea Market Chic Kitchen and the Cozy Eclectic Living Room.
13. AirStone available at Lowe’s – My Father-In-Law recently used Airstone on his kitchen island with amazing results. Ever since seeing his project in person, I have recommended Airstone wherever it makes sense. Currently, it is available in two colorways. Seen in the Flea Market Chic Kitchen (above) for creating a stone front kitchen island. Recommended in the Land & Sea Family Room (above) as a backsplash for the bar. Also, recommended in the Modern Pop Living Room for a fireplace focal wall.
14. Aiden Console Table and Aiden 3-shelf Console from World Market – I am obsessed with touches of industrial style. There is a simplicity about these pieces, but also interesting detail. I love using an industrial style piece in a more elegant space for the juxtaposition. Seen in the Opposites Attract Living Room (above) and the Cozy Eclectic Living Room (above).
15. Karlstad from Ikea – This is one of the most popular budget sofa options for modern design-lovers. The modular piece has a bunch of configuration options and tailored slipcovers in a range of colors. Seen in sectional form (with new legs) in the Color Fun Family Room, in sofa form in the Modern Viewing Room and in sofa with chaise form in the Little Man Cave Play Room (above).
16. Bamboo Jute Baskets from Crate & Barrel – For when you need a basket, but don’t want it to look like a basket. These are made from jute fabric with a bamboo frame around the top. They are collapsible. Seen in the High Style Hang Out and the Traditional Twist Living Room. I recently purchased two of the smaller size to style the empty bookshelf in my family room.
17. Eames Chair with Wood Eiffel Legs from Amazon, Eames Chair with Wire Base from Room & Board – Knock-offs and reproductions of this design classic are everywhere, and for good reason. In a wide range of colors, and as an arm chair or side chair, the Eames molded plastic chair might be as close to a perfect chair as possible. It works with any design style and in any room in the home. We have ours in our master bedroom right now and love it there! Seen as desk chairs that double as accent chairs in the Playful Nature Family Room (above) and the Modern Viewing Room (above). We have an Eames arm chair, too!
18. Glass Front Cabinet from Target – We have this red accent cabinet in our guest bedroom. I plan to add one or two more to my home, soon, in either yellow or turquoise. Seen in the Open & Airy Family Room paired together to create a media stand. Also seen as nightstands the Modern Vintage Master Bedroom.
19.Bennett Chair from World Market – I am currently in love with this leather accent chair. I have recommended it in a few rooms. I checked it out in store and was impressed with the quality and comfortability of it. It has made it in the running for visitor chairs in my hubby’s office. Seen in the Stylish Small Space Liing Room (above) and in the Seaside Traditional Living Room.
Okay, that was fun! And, I am more convinced than ever that these 19 pieces are some of the most versatile decor and accent pieces. I want all of these in my home and you should, too.
Sharing this post here:
Home Stories A2Z
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission on purchases made after following an affiliate link.