My new studio may not have flooring or trim, but it has the prettiest curtains! I have already started using the room while we wait for flooring. I needed privacy at night…I feel like people are watching me, if I leave windows uncovered at night.
I loved this super easy embellished curtain tutorial The Nester shared a few months ago. I pinned it and included it in my Studio DIY Ideas board. I already had a pair of white grommet curtains that used to hang in our family room. I just needed to find the perfect fabric for the embellishments. I wanted a more modern look.
My eye always catches on this beautiful Dwell Studio fabric. I love the big yellow flowers, but I do not like the taupe background. So, in the past I have always passed. This project gave me the perfect way to use this fabric…I could cut out all the taupe :)
I carefully cut out all the flower and leaf shapes. The Nester pre-washed her cutouts to get a frayed look. I preferred a bit cleaner look and will let my cutouts fray naturally over time.
Once all my flowers were cut, I arranged them across the two panels. Like The Nester, I wanted mine to sweep from the top corner of one panel to the bottom corner of the next. I glued each piece on the curtain panel with Fabri-Tac. I used the whole small bottle of Fabri-Tac for this project. If you want more embellishments, get the bigger bottle.
The finished curtain panels have large yellow flowers cascading down. I LOVE them! They add a sunny pop of yellow to the room. As I finish out the rest of the room, mostly white and turquoise, I will be adding other pops of yellow in the accessories and art.
I hung my curtains high and wide, so they are not totally scrunched up when they are pushed to the side. I was fortunate to have a lot of wall space on either side of the window. Hanging the curtain rod wider than the window, makes the window look wider and allows me to keep the panels spread out showing off the flowers. (This picture has a sneak peek at a few other, never before seen, projects happening in the studio!)
Sharing this project in the fall Pineterest Challenge with: