The holiday season is full of baked goods and diet-busting get togethers. Common gifts include homemade cookies or gift cards to favorite restaurants. But, what about that health nut on your list? The one that will surely throw your homemade cookies in the trash right after you leave.
This year I am sharing a few gift roundups for the people on your list that are hardest to shop for. I think we all know what to get the kids and the fashionistas, but there are some people on our list that have us stumped. I am also focusing on home-related gifts for each of these roundups. See also the Gift Ideas for the Hipster Home.
The hubby and I keep a healthy home to help us meet our healthy eating and fitness goals. We closely follow a Paleo diet, and have for over a year now. We sacrificed a home theater for a home gym. We made healthy banana bread to bring to Thanksgiving this year…all my hubby ate was the turkey and banana bread…I cheated and ate a little of everything. Anyway, all this is to say we have a pretty guide idea what the health nut on your list would like for their home.
Here is our roundup of gift ideas for the healthy home:
1. Organic Nut Bowls – A Paleo diet includes nuts, like almonds. They make for a great snack. These pretty nut bowls are nice enough to leave out.
2. Pinstripe Cutting Boards – Healthy eating means more cooking at home. There is no excuse for an ugly cutting board anymore. There are so many great options now. We have one of these pinstripe boards on our healthy bar cart – serving fresh water and lemons daily.
3. Click and Grow Starter Kit – The only thing better than fresh from the farmer’s market, is fresh from your own kitchen!
4. Kitchen Canister – Keep the countertop storage stylish with decorative containers to store all your healthy baking supplies, like almond flour and arrowroot powder.
5. Water Hyacinth Tray – The biggest shift for us moving to healthier eating was getting used to the volume of fresh produce. We use two baskets similar to these to hold vegetables in our open kitchen cupboard.
6. Yoga Mat – Any home fitness fanatic needs a good yoga or exercise mat. There are so many beautiful options.
7. KitchenAid Mixer – I know what you are thinking, but it is not for cookies. We love our KitchenAid Mixer for mashing bananas for my healthy banana bread. It is also great for shredding cooked chicken. And, beating eggs.
8. Reversible Double-Burner Grill – We would not survive without one of these in the winter. We mourn the day it gets too cold to use the grill outside. These pans are a great indoor solution. We grill meat on one side. The other side is a smooth griddle good for making eggs and bacon.
9. Magnetic Knife Block – This is on my personal wish list along with some new knives. Have you ever scene a knife block look so good?
10. Oh Kale Yeah Tote – This is a fun tote for the farmer’s market that any green shake drinking health nut will totally get.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission on purchases made after following an affiliate link.
Get a Free Copy of my book "Free Decorating"
"This book is so inspiring, I'm a self confessed "decor" addict, I buy anything I think "may" work only to take it home and be disappointed. After reading this book I can't wait to shop my own home and make more meaningful purchases." - Cori I.