Our basement is coming along, but it is not quite there yet. I try not to get wrapped up in timelines, because then I feel defeated when I realize it has already been about a year and a half since we started the basement. But, then I remind myself that is why we started a year and a half ago, because we knew it would take time.
In my April house tour, I did not include the basement. In my recent fall slideshow tour, there were only photos of the more finished areas of the basement. Today will be the first video tour of the basement, in its current state.
5 Reasons to Watch This Short Video
- See a sneak peek of an amazing bench project I just finished and will be sharing soon!
- See me in my everyday “natural’ state, and by natural I mean towel dried hair and 3-minute makeup (tinted BB cream, a dash of eyeshadow, and mascara). Don’t judge…I am not a get up and spend hours getting ready kind of gal. And, there is nothing that can tame my freckled face after a sunny summer.
- See what a semi-DIY basement project looks like mid-stream, including lack of doors, molding, and pipes sticking out of the wall.
- See that sometimes I have trouble with DIY projects, too. Refer to the big blotchy black wall in the playroom.
- See my studio in the middle of the weekly project storm. I almost debated not showing it or cleaning it, but I gave in. I think it is an orderly mess, or at least it makes sense with the way my mind works.
Here is the current state of our basement:
Get a Free Copy of my book "Free Decorating"
"This book is so inspiring, I'm a self confessed "decor" addict, I buy anything I think "may" work only to take it home and be disappointed. After reading this book I can't wait to shop my own home and make more meaningful purchases." - Cori I.