I would love to wait until this area is finished before showing it to you, but I got an amazing deal on this table and want to share before it’s unavailable.
In the angled nook in our basement, we plan to create a game table area. I want to make built-in benches with lots of pillows. With a nice table and a couple of chairs we hope it will be a fun and comfortable place to hang out for family game night. Before committing to a bench configuration or chairs, I wanted to find the perfect table.
I first fell in love with this TOO by Blu Dot table from Target when I recommended it to a client for the Fresh Start Family Room. At the time, the price was $299. Not bad at all, but I decided to wait for a sale.
Well, several months passed and sales had come and gone, but I never jumped on ordering the table. That is until one night when I saw it was on clearance. I nearly had a panic attack and had to order right away before it was gone. (Don’t worry…it is still available on clearance as of this posting).
We aren’t quite ready to focus on the game table area yet, but I could not pass up my dream modern turquoise pedestal table at 40% off. The price is now 179.98 (40% off) for this beauty of a 42″ diameter table. With our RedCard we got an additional 5% off and also qualified for free shipping, so the only additional cost we payed was for sales tax.
The table arrived really well packaged in a giant box. The base required minimal assembly and then you attach it to the top. Let’s just say the assembly was easy enough I had
superman my 3-year old help. These photos are not staged. I put him to work ripping off all the foam wrapping around the table top, while I assembled the base.
Then, he helped screw in the feet.
Lastly, he helped screw the base to the top. He inserts each screw with his tiny little hands, then I tighten them with the allen wrench.
Okay, so if you haven’t figured it out by now, I am totally smitten with this table. Online it says it is “blue” and appears to be a baby-ish blue. I was pleasantly surprised the color is really turquoise. The table I coveted in my favorite color…what could be better?!
The nook is actually about 90″ square, so we certainly could have gotten away with a larger 60″ table. If this was a dining area, I definitely would have done that. Since we want a casual, cozy game area, the smaller 42″ table is better. It is the perfect size for 4-6 people to gather around a board game or play cards.
I am super eager to get the rest of this space finished off. I created a little mood board to show what I am thinking. Let me explain the chairs…I don’t plan on having three different types, but I am torn. I love all three of these options. Which would you pick?
1. Bend Dining Chair – This is an outdoor chair, but I am sure it is as awesome indoors. I love the herringbone design. The kicker for me on these chairs is the price.
2. Marais A Side Chair Yellow – Here is another fun yellow option. I love the style and color, but I am concerned about comfort. I want to have long, fun family game nights without anyone complaining of sore bottoms. The metal chairs also might be cold in the winter.
3. Pacific Chloe Chairs Set of Two – This is my current frontrunner. It is a completely different style. It’s all about warmth and comfort here. I love this color as well, and the fabric looks so rich. I just wonder if they are too formal for my casual, fun space, or with the family room only steps a way will they fit right in?
Here is the rest of the sources for the light, pillows, and fabric to make even more pillows :)
4. Ombre Fossette Pillow – All my colors in one fun pillow. It reminds me of confetti.
5. Ink Blot Pillow – Simple and graphic. I definitely want to bring in touches of navy.
6. Yellow Origami Throw Pillow – I love the intricate pleats on this pillow. I need to grab some the next time I am at World Market.
7. Gray Chevron Pillow Cover – I already ordered two of these. Lily Pillow is an easy shop that opened just a few weeks ago. He prices are amazing (this coming from me…the woman who makes pillows to save money).
8. Pickled Wood and Clear Glass Pendant with Rope Cord – I saw this light in person at a local store called Patina. It is so gorgeous! I have not been able to get it out of my head. I think it would be the perfect pendant to drop over the table. Love that the glass shade won’t block any natural light from the windows. The rope cord is a fun nautical touch.
10. Mustard Tall Chevron Fabric – I just got a yard of this fabric in the mail last week. Gorgeous! It is the perfect shade of yellow…not too yellow and not too orange. The tall chevron is super chic.
11. Embrace in Aquarius Fabric – I ordered this same fabric in yellow a while back and plan to use it in the playroom. I love the print so much, I decided to get some in teal for pillows in the game area.
12. Organic Tridents in Ocean Fabric – Another touch of navy. This is a great geometric print from Cloud 9. I like how the triangular shapes relate to the chevrons.
13. Organic Abacus in Pool Fabric – This print sort of adds a stripe to the mix without really being a stripe. The pool color is lovely.
14. Cameron in Storm Fabric – This is a fun new take on a chevron print. I know, I am mixing lots of chevrons here, but I think it is going to be fabulous. They are all different scales, so it should work.
15. Organic Tridents in Daffodil Fabric – I couldn’t pick just one colorway of this print. Nothing wrong with using the same pattern in a couple different colors.
16. Cameron in Aquarius Fabric – Ditto…nothing wrong with using the same pattern in a couple different colors.
I ordered all the fabrics above, so I can get started making pillows. So…want to come over for game night? If so, which chair would you prefer to sit in?
Sharing this post here:
Design Your Dwelling
Get a Free Copy of my book "Free Decorating"
"This book is so inspiring, I'm a self confessed "decor" addict, I buy anything I think "may" work only to take it home and be disappointed. After reading this book I can't wait to shop my own home and make more meaningful purchases." - Cori I.