For the last year I have been collecting textiles for the master bedroom with big plans to update the space. It started simply enough with the bedding in bold black and white with purple sheets. I wanted to sprinkle in some more patterns while keeping the romantic feel of the room. I opted for modern, moroccan, and suzani prints. The color scheme grew along with the fabric collection. It developed into what I am coining the “modern moroccan mix”. By keeping a refined color scheme and mixing scale I was able to combine a lot of prints.
1. Kajsastina fabric from Ikea – I love this bold, modern print. The huge, bloom-like shapes are going to look stunning as curtains. They will flank each side of the very large window. Since we already have white wood blinds, the curtains will be stationary and just for looks :)
2. Purple organic cotton sheets from Target – this color is to die for. It is so rich and we have been pleased with the quality of the sheets. I am keeping an eye on sales to buy a few more of these sheets sets so we never have to be without that wonderful, bold purple.
3. Grey chenille blanket from Home Goods – this is our “middle”, as in middle layer. In the winter months it is an absolute necessity. I took the opportunity to make the “middle” grey to bring that color onto the bedding palette.
4. Baroque Bedding by Dwell Studio for Target – I love the boldness, but also the simplicity of black and white. The over-sized design is a nice contract to the smaller prints in the mix.
5. This is the golden yellow upholstery of our bed. We found the bed 5+ years ago at Room & Board. It is an upholstered sleigh bed style, but we opted for the low footboard. It was important to consider this fabric in the overall color scheme, since our king-size bed has such a presence in the room.
6. Block print placemat from West Elm (this style is no longer on their site, but similar ones are on sale) – the checkout lady probably thought I was weird for buying only one placemat, but I loved the pattern and knew it would make an adorable accent pillow for the bed.
7. Suzani print called Solar Flare in Onyx/Lilac from the Waverly Modern Essentials collection at Joanns – ahhh, the piece that ties it all together. I could not believe my eyes when I first saw this print. It has all of the colors previously chosen for the room and it pulls them together in this amazing pattern. I bought several yards to make covers for the euro pillows on our bed.
What do you think? Did I pull off a modern, romantic, eclectic mix with a moroccan vibe?